EMS(redirected from PC operating environments)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
A river of northwest Germany flowing about 370 km (230 mi) to the North Sea at the Netherlands border.
1. electrical muscle stimulation
2. Emergency Medical Service
3. European Monetary System
1. (Placename) a town in W Germany, in the Rhineland-Palatinate: famous for the Ems Telegram (1870), Bismarck's dispatch that led to the outbreak of the Franco-Prussian War. Pop: 9666 (2003 est)
2. (Placename) a river in W Germany, rising in the Teutoburger Wald and flowing generally north to the North Sea. Length: about 370 km (230 miles)
1. (Economics) European Monetary System
2. (Computer Science) enhanced messaging service: a system used for sending text messages containing special text formatting, animations, etc, to and from mobile phones
emergency medical service.