paperhanger(redirected from Paperhangers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. One whose occupation is covering or decorating walls with wallpaper; a paperer.
2. Slang One who passes bad checks.
1. a person who hangs wallpaper as an occupation
2. (Banking & Finance) slang US a counterfeiter
pa•per•hang•er(ˈpeɪ pərˌhæŋ ər)
1. a person whose job is covering walls with wallpaper.
2. Slang. a person who passes worthless checks.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||paperhanger - someone who passes bad checks or counterfeit paper money|
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
|2.||paperhanger - one whose occupation is decorating walls with wallpaper|