Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Parthian: Parthian shot
1. Of or relating to Parthia or its people, language, or culture.
2. Delivered in or as if in retreat: "a Parthian volley of expletives from Uncle Billy" (Bret Harte).
1. A native or inhabitant of Parthia.
2. The Iranian language of the Parthians.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Parthia, a country in ancient Asia, or its inhabitants
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Parthia, a country in ancient Asia, or its inhabitants
(Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Parthia
Par•thi•an(ˈpɑr θi ən)
1. a native or inhabitant of Parthia.
2. the Iranian language of the Parthians.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Parthia, its inhabitants, or their language.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Parthian - a native or inhabitant of Parthia |
Parthia - an ancient kingdom in Asia to the southeast of the Caspian Sea; it dominated southwestern Asia from about 250 BC to AD 226
|2.||Parthian - the Iranian language spoken in the Parthian kingdom (250 BC to AD 226)|
|Adj.||1.||Parthian - pertaining to Parthia or its people or language or culture; "Parthian archeology"|