procuration(redirected from Per procurationem)
Also found in: Legal, Acronyms.
Related to Per procurationem: on behalf of
1. The act or an instance of procuring.
a. The appointment of an agent.
b. The agent so appointed.
1. the act of procuring
2. (Law) law
a. the appointment of an agent, procurator, or attorney
b. the office, function, or authority of such an official
c. the formal written authority given to such an official. See also power of attorney
3. (Law) criminal law the offence of procuring women for immoral purposes
4. (Law) archaic the management of another person's affairs
proc•u•ra•tion(ˌprɒk yəˈreɪ ʃən)
a. the act of appointing a procurator to manage one's affairs.
b. a document granting and stipulating such authority.
2. the act of obtaining something; procurement.
3. the act of procuring prostitutes.
[1375–1425; late Middle English < Latin]