tinkerer(redirected from Phineas Mason)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A traveling mender of metal household utensils.
2. Chiefly British A member of any of various traditionally itinerant groups of people living especially in Scotland and Ireland; a traveler.
3. One who enjoys experimenting with and repairing machine parts.
4. A clumsy repairer or worker; a meddler.
v. tin·kered, tin·ker·ing, tin·kers
1. To work as a tinker.
2. To make unskilled or experimental efforts at repair; fiddle: tinkered with the engine, hoping to discover the trouble; tinkering with the economy by trying various fiscal policies.
1. To mend as a tinker.
2. To manipulate unskillfully or experimentally.
[Middle English tinkere.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tinkerer - an unskilled person who tries to fix or mend|
unskilled person - a person who lacks technical training
|2.||tinkerer - a person who enjoys fixing and experimenting with machines and their parts|
experimenter - a person who enjoys testing innovative ideas; "she was an experimenter in new forms of poetry"