satiate(redirected from Pinned Up)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
tr.v. sa·ti·at·ed, sa·ti·at·ing, sa·ti·ates
1. To satisfy (an appetite, for example) fully.
2. To provide (someone) with more than enough; glut.
adj. (-ĭt) Archaic
Filled to satisfaction.
[Middle English saciaten, from Latin satiāre, satiāt-, from satis, sufficient; see sā- in Indo-European roots.]
1. to fill or supply beyond capacity or desire, often arousing weariness
2. to supply to satisfaction or capacity
[C16: from Latin satiāre to satisfy, from satis enough]
sa•ti•ate(v. ˈseɪ ʃiˌeɪt; adj. -ɪt, -ˌeɪt)
v. -at•ed, -at•ing,
1. to supply with something to excess, so as to disgust or weary; surfeit.
2. to satisfy to the full; sate.adj.
3. satisfied fully, as in appetite or desire.
[1400–50; late Middle English (adj.) < Latin satiātus, past participle of satiāre to satisfy, derivative of satis enough; see -ate1]
Past participle: satiated
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||satiate - fill to satisfaction; "I am sated"|
ingest, consume, have, take in, take - serve oneself to, or consume regularly; "Have another bowl of chicken soup!"; "I don't take sugar in my coffee"
|2.||satiate - overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself; "She stuffed herself at the dinner"; "The kids binged on ice cream"|
binge, englut, engorge, glut, gorge, gormandise, gormandize, gourmandize, ingurgitate, overeat, overgorge, overindulge, pig out, scarf out, stuff
eat - eat a meal; take a meal; "We did not eat until 10 P.M. because there were so many phone calls"; "I didn't eat yet, so I gladly accept your invitation"
|Adj.||1.||satiate - supplied (especially fed) to satisfaction|