bushing(redirected from Plain bearing)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Plain bearing: journal bearing
1. A fixed or removable cylindrical metal lining used to constrain, guide, or reduce friction.
2. Electricity An insulating lining for an aperture through which a conductor passes.
3. An adapter threaded to permit joining of pipes with different diameters.
1. (Mechanical Engineering) another word for bush21
2. (Mechanical Engineering) an adaptor having ends of unequal diameters, often with internal screw threads, used to connect pipes of different sizes
3. (Electrical Engineering) a layer of electrical insulation enabling a live conductor to pass through an earthed wall, etc
1. Elect. a lining for a hole, intended to insulate and protect from abrasion one or more conductors that pass through it.
a. a replaceable thin tube or sleeve, usu. of bronze, mounted in a case or housing as a bearing.
b. a replaceable steel tube used as a guide for various tools or parts.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||bushing - an insulating liner in an opening through which conductors pass|
|2.||bushing - a cylindrical metal lining used to reduce friction|