plumbing fixture

(redirected from Plumbing fixtures)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Noun1.plumbing fixture - a fixture for the distribution and use of water in a buildingplumbing fixture - a fixture for the distribution and use of water in a building
fixture - an object firmly fixed in place (especially in a household)
fount, fountain - a plumbing fixture that provides a flow of water
plumbing, plumbing system - utility consisting of the pipes and fixtures for the distribution of water or gas in a building and for the disposal of sewage
shower - a plumbing fixture that sprays water over you; "they installed a shower in the bathroom"
sink - plumbing fixture consisting of a water basin fixed to a wall or floor and having a drainpipe
commode, crapper, potty, pot, throne, toilet, stool, can - a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
urinal - a plumbing fixture (usually attached to the wall) used by men to urinate
hydrant, water faucet, water tap, tap - a faucet for drawing water from a pipe or cask
References in periodicals archive ?
Tenders are invited for work shall include, but not to be limited to, removal/disposal of asbestos-containing materials, removal/ disposal of ceramic flooring and walls, plumbing fixtures, bathroom accessories, doors and frames, and millwork.
com)-- Plumbing fixtures are a replaceable device that can be connected with the plumbing system to drain and deliver water.
NORTHBRIDGE - Concerns about discolored plumbing fixtures and potential health problems have prompted selectmen to invite officials from the Whitinsville Water Co.
DOE estimates that restroom plumbing fixtures account for approximately 60 percent of the total water use in office and administrative buildings; the remaining 40 percent is estimated to be used by heating and cooling systems.
These and other trends are presented in Plumbing Fixtures & Fittings in China, a new study from The Freedonia Group, Inc.
Additionally, the facility uses low-flow plumbing fixtures for water efficiency as well as water efficient landscaping.
For a very long time the building trade has been hesitant to inform the homeowner of the wide variety of plumbing fixtures that are truly available to them.
Now that plumbing fixtures have been updated and new, "green" paint and cleaning products are in use throughout the building in the place of harsher off-the-shelf chemicals, NYPA is about ready to apply for LEED--Existing Building approval for its headquarters.
It will boast a rooftop photovoltaic system to generate 10 percent of the building's electricity, along with low-flow plumbing fixtures, recycled building materials and drought- tolerant landscaping.
Be careful not to be pennyowise and pound-foolish, For example, some homeowners will try to save money by reusing plumbing fixtures and appliances.
Efficiency: Open-cell foam insulation, radiant floor heat, tankless water heater, ductless high efficiency AC, superior wall foundation, low flow plumbing fixtures
Lead is in some older solder and plumbing fixtures as well.

Full browser ?