polka dot(redirected from Polka-dots)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
pol·ka dot(pō′kə, pōl′kə)
1. One of a number of dots or round spots forming a pattern, as on cloth.
2. A pattern or fabric with such dots.
1. (Textiles) one of a pattern of small circular regularly spaced spots on a fabric
a. a fabric or pattern with such spots
b. (as modifier): a polka-dot dress.
[C19: of uncertain origin]
pol′ka dot`(ˈpoʊ kə)
1. a dot or round spot repeated to form a pattern, esp. on a textile fabric.
2. a pattern of such dots or something having such a pattern.