Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Polynesian: Polynesian islands, Polynesian language
Of or relating to Polynesia or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
1. A native or inhabitant of Polynesia.
2. A subfamily of the Austronesian language family spoken in Polynesia.
(Languages) of or relating to Polynesia, its people, or any of their languages
1. (Peoples) a member of the people that inhabit Polynesia, generally of Caucasoid features with light skin and wavy hair
2. (Languages) a branch of the Malayo-Polynesian family of languages, including Māori and Hawaiian and a number of other closely related languages of the S and central Pacific
Pol•y•ne•sian(ˌpɒl əˈni ʒən, -ʃən)
1. of or pertaining to Polynesia, its inhabitants, or their languages.n.
2. a member of any of the indigenous peoples of Polynesia.
3. the languages of the Polynesians, constituting a relatively homogeneous subgroup within the Oceanic branch of the Austronesian family.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Polynesian - a native or inhabitant of Polynesia|
Polynesia - the islands in the eastern part of Oceania
Austronesian - a native or inhabitant of Austronesia
Fijian - a native or inhabitant of Fiji
Samoan - a native or inhabitant of the Samoan Islands
Tahitian - a native or inhabitant of Tahiti
Tongan - a Polynesian native or inhabitant of Tonga
|2.||Polynesian - the branch of the Austronesian languages spoken from Madagascar to the central Pacific|
Austronesian language, Austronesian - the family of languages spoken in Australia and Formosa and Malaysia and Polynesia
Tongan - the Polynesian language spoken by the Tongan people
Western Malayo-Polynesian - a western subfamily of Malayo-Polynesian languages
|Adj.||1.||Polynesian - of or relating to Polynesia or its people or culture|
người Polynesiathuộc quần đảo/người/tiếng Polynesiatiếng Polynesia
A. ADJ → polinesio
B. N → polinesio/a m/f