prayer book(redirected from Prayer Books)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A book containing religious prayers.
2. Prayer Book The Book of Common Prayer.
1. (Ecclesiastical Terms) ecclesiast a book containing the prayers used at church services or recommended for private devotions
2. (Anglicanism) Church of England (often capitals) another name for Book of Common Prayer
1. a book containing formal prayers for religious devotions.
2. (usu. caps.) Book of Common Prayer.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||prayer book - a book containing prayers |
book - a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together); "I am reading a good book on economics"
breviary - (Roman Catholic Church) a book of prayers to be recited daily certain priests and members of religious orders
missal - (Roman Catholic Church) a book containing all the prayers and responses needed to celebrate Mass throughout the year