preppy(redirected from Prep (slang))
prep·pyor prep·pie (prĕp′ē)Informal
n. pl. prep·pies
1. A student or former student of a preparatory school.
2. A person whose manner and dress are deemed typical of traditional preparatory schools.
adj. prep·pi·er, prep·pi·est
Of or relating to a preppy or a preparatory school.
(Clothing & Fashion) characteristic of or denoting a fashion style of neat, understated, and often expensive clothes; young but classic, suggesting that the wearer is well off, upper class, and conservative
n, pl -pies
(Clothing & Fashion) a person exhibiting such style
[C20: originally US, from preppy a person who attends or has attended a preparatory school before college]
or prep•pie(ˈprɛp i)
n., pl. -pies, n.
1. a student at or a graduate of a preparatory school.
2. a person whose clothing or behavior is associated with traditional preparatory schools.adj.
3. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a preppy: preppy clothes.