Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. An insoluble dark blue pigment and dye, ferric ferrocyanide or one of its modifications.
2. See iron blue.
3. A moderate to strong blue or deep greenish blue.
[From its having been discovered by an 18th-century color-maker in Berlin (then in Prussia).]
1. (Elements & Compounds) any of a number of blue pigments containing ferrocyanide or ferricyanide complexes
a. the blue or deep greenish-blue colour of this pigment
b. (as adjective): a Prussian-blue carpet.
1. a moderate to deep greenish blue.
2. a dark blue, crystalline, water-insoluble ferrocyanide pigment, C18Fe7N18, used in painting, fabric printing, and laundry bluing.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Prussian blue - any of various blue pigments|
pigment - dry coloring material (especially a powder to be mixed with a liquid to produce paint, etc.)
|2.||Prussian blue - a dark greenish-blue color|