railhead(redirected from Railheading)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. The farthest point on a railroad to which rails have been laid.
2. A place on a railroad where military supplies are unloaded.
1. (Railways) a terminal of a railway
2. (Railways) the farthest point reached by completed track on an unfinished railway
3. (Military) military the point at which material and personnel are transferred from rail to another conveyance
4. (Railways) the upper part of a railway rail, on which the traffic wheels run
a railroad depot at which supplies are unloaded to be distributed or forwarded by truck or other means.
A point on a railway where loads are transferred between trains and other means of transport. See also navigation head.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||railhead - a railroad depot in a theater of operations where military supplies are unloaded for distribution|
|2.||railhead - the end of the completed track on an unfinished railway|