Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
Related to Red Cross: International Red Cross
1. Abbr. RC
a. An international organization that cares for the wounded, sick, and homeless in wartime, according to the terms of the Geneva Convention of 1864, and now also during and following natural disasters.
b. A national branch of this organization.
2. The emblem of this organization, a Geneva cross or a red Greek cross on a white background.
1. (Medicine) an international humanitarian organization (Red Cross Society) formally established by the Geneva Convention of 1864. It was originally limited to providing medical care for war casualties, but its services now include liaison between prisoners of war and their families, relief to victims of natural disasters, etc
2. (Medicine) any national branch of this organization
3. (Medicine) the emblem of this organization, consisting of a red cross on a white background
1. an international philanthropic organization (Red′ Cross′ Soci`ety), formed in consequence of the Geneva Convention of 1864 chiefly to care for the sick and wounded in war.
2. a branch of this organization.
3. Also, red′ cross′. Geneva cross.
Hội chữ thập đỏ