layoff(redirected from Reduction in force)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Acronyms.
1. The act of suspending or dismissing an employee, as for lack of work or because of corporate reorganization.
2. A period of temporary inactivity or rest.
1. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) a dismissal; redundancy
2. a period of inactivity
1. the act of dismissing employees, esp. temporarily.
2. a period of enforced unemployment.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||layoff - the act of laying off an employee or a work force|