witting(redirected from Rolf Witting)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. Aware or conscious of something.
2. Done intentionally or with premeditation; deliberate.
Present participle of wit2.
n. Chiefly British
1. Knowledge or awareness; cognizance.
2. Information obtained and passed on; news.
1. deliberate; intentional: a witting insult.
2. aware; knowing
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||witting - aware or knowing; "a witting tool of the Communists"|
aware, cognisant, cognizant - (sometimes followed by `of') having or showing knowledge or understanding or realization or perception; "was aware of his opponent's hostility"; "became aware of her surroundings"; "aware that he had exceeded the speed limit"
unwitting - not aware or knowing; "an unwitting subject in an experiment"
|2.||witting - intentionally conceived; "a conscious effort to speak more slowly"; "a conscious policy"|
intended - resulting from one's intentions; "your intended trip abroad"; "an intended insult"