round robin(redirected from Round-robin)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Sports A tournament in which each contestant is matched in turn against every other contestant.
2. A petition or protest on which the signatures are arranged in a circle in order to conceal the order of signing.
3. A letter sent among members of a group, often with comments added by each person in turn.
1. a letter, esp a petition or protest, having the signatures in a circle in order to disguise the order of signing
2. any letter or petition signed by a number of people
3. a letter that is copied and sent to a number of different people
4. (General Sporting Terms)
a. a tournament, as in a competitive game or sport, in which each player plays against every other player
b. (as modifier): a round-robin tournament.
1. a sequence or series.
2. a tournament in which all of the entrants play each other at least once.
3. a letter, notice, or the like, circulated from person to person in a group, often with individual comments being added by each.
4. a petition or the like having the signatures arranged in circular form so as to disguise the order of signing.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||round robin - a tournament in which every contestant plays every other contestant|
|2.||round robin - a letter signed by a number of people|