rummage sale(redirected from Rummage sales)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A sale of assorted secondhand objects contributed by donors to raise money for a charity.
2. A sale, especially of unclaimed or excess goods, as at a warehouse or wharf.
3. A sale of used household belongings, typically held on the seller's property.
1. a sale of miscellaneous articles, usually cheap and predominantly secondhand, in aid of charity. Also called (in Britain and certain other countries): jumble sale
2. US a sale of unclaimed property or unsold stock
a sale of miscellaneous articles, esp. items contributed to raise money for charity.
n (US) → Ramschverkauf m