suer(redirected from SUAS)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms.
v. sued, su·ing, sues
1. Law To initiate or pursue legal proceedings against (another party).
2. Archaic To court; woo.
3. Obsolete To make a petition to; appeal to; beseech.
1. Law To initiate or pursue legal proceedings; bring suit.
2. To make an appeal or entreaty: "When you have gone too far to recede, do not sue to me for leniency" (Charles Dickens).
3. Archaic To pursue a courtship; woo.
[Middle English sewen, from Anglo-Norman suer, from Vulgar Latin *sequere, to follow, from Latin sequī; see sekw- in Indo-European roots.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||suer - a man who courts a woman; "a suer for the hand of the princess"|
prince charming - a suitor who fulfills the dreams of his beloved
|2.||suer - someone who petitions a court for redress of a grievance or recovery of a right|