Samoan(redirected from Samoans)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Samoans: The Rock
1. Of or relating to the islands of Samoa.
2. Of or relating to the country of Samoa or the territory of American Samoa.
1. A native or inhabitant of the islands or country of Samoa.
2. The Polynesian language of the Samoans.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Samoa, its people, or their language
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Samoa, its people, or their language
3. (Languages) of or relating to Samoa, its people, or their language
4. (Historical Terms) of or relating to Samoa, its people, or their language
5. (Peoples) a member of the people that inhabit Samoa
6. (Languages) the language of Samoa, belonging to the Polynesian family of languages
1. a member of the Polynesian people of Samoa.
2. the Austronesian language of this people: an official language in Western Samoa.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Samoa, its inhabitants, or the language Samoan.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Samoan - a native or inhabitant of the Samoan Islands|
Samoan Islands, Samoa - a group of volcanic islands in the South Pacific midway between Hawaii and Australia; its climate and scenery and Polynesian culture make it a popular tourist stop
Polynesian - a native or inhabitant of Polynesia
|Adj.||1.||Samoan - of or relating to Samoa or its people or language or culture; "Samoan fishing industry"|