scouse(redirected from Scouse language)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A lobscouse.
a. often Scous·er (skou′sər) A native or resident of Liverpool, England.
b. often Scouse The dialect of English spoken in Liverpool.
[Short for lobscouse.]
(Cookery) dialect Liverpool a stew made from left-over meat
[C19: shortened from lobscouse]
1. (Peoples) Also called: Scouser a person who lives in or comes from Liverpool
2. (Languages) the dialect spoken by such a person
3. (Peoples) of or from Liverpool; Liverpudlian
4. (Languages) of or from Liverpool; Liverpudlian
5. (Placename) of or from Liverpool; Liverpudlian
[C20: from scouse]
[1830–40; by shortening]