Sierra Madre del Sur


Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

Si·er·ra Ma·dre del Sur

 (sē-ĕr′ə mä′drā dĕl so͞or′, syĕr′ä mä′drĕ)
A mountain range of southern Mexico along the Pacific coast.
References in periodicals archive ?
The Company's 60%-owned La Verde Copper Project (remaining 40%-owned indirectly by Teck Resources Limited) is situated in the Sierra Madre del Sur approximately 320 kilometres west of Mexico City in Michoacan State and has excellent infrastructure.
However, predictions of modeling ecological niche made on a country-wide scale and additional anecdotic reports from other areas suggested that the distribution of jaguars in Michoacan could be broader and included the coast, the Sierra Madre del Sur, and the Balsas river basin (Nunez, 2007; Rodriguez, 2010).
De este limite natural nace otra configuracion fisica que durante toda la historia de la Nueva Galicia y el posterior estado de Jalisco, ha limitado el movimiento de los seres humanos de las planicies del centro hacia la costa del estado, la Sierra Volcanica Trasversal que se une con la Sierra Madre del Sur cerca de Colima.
A biogeographical analysis proposes that the Sierra Madre del Sur is the sister area to the rest of the areas occupied by the other species of Aoplonema.
In 1999, Rodolfo Montiel Flores and Teodoro Cabrera were jailed on fabricated weapons and drug charges, after they defied efforts by a subsidiary of US multinational paper company Boise Cascade to cut down several tracts of forest in the Sierra Madre del Sur in Guerrero state (see SourceMex, 2000-04-12, 2000-09-13 and 2001-11-13).
In those days, the sand and sea, towering Sierra Madre del Sur, cliff diving, nightclubs, and grand hotels along Avenue Costera M.
Pass through five different eco-systems - from semi desert to rainforest - on an eight-day trek through the little-known region of Sierra Madre del Sur in Mexico.
Ophryacus undulatus is a crotaline snake endemic from moderate to high elevations in the Sierra Madre del Sur in the Mexican states of Guerrero, Oaxaca, and west-central Veracruz.
The land, which sits at the foot of the Sierra Madre del Sur mountain range, is adjacent to a fresh water lagoon and includes an existing coconut grove.
The Company's 60%-owned La Verde Copper Project (40%-owned indirectly by Teck Resources Limited through a wholly owned subsidiary) is situated in the Sierra Madre del Sur approximately 320 kilometres west of Mexico City in Michoacan State and has excellent infrastructure.
Additional records from the Sierra Madre del Sur, the Balsas Basin, and the Transversal Volcanic Belt appeared the following decade (Casas-Andreu and Aguilar-Miguel, 1998; Casas-Andreu et al.
In 1998, Montiel formed the Organizacion de Campesinos Ecologistas de la Sierra de Petatlan y Coyuca de Catalan (OCESPCC) to prevent Costa Grande Forest Products, the Mexican subsidiary of Boise Cascade, from cutting down forests in a region of the Sierra Madre del Sur known as Filo Mayor.