Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Simon Peter: Apostle Peter
(Bible) New Testament the full name of the apostle Peter, a combination of his original name and the name given him by Christ (Matthew 16:17–18)
to tire; become exhausted (usu. fol. by out).
Slang: Usu. Vulgar. penis.
[1865–70; from the name]
1. Also called Simon Peter. died A.D. 67?, one of the 12 apostles and the reputed author of two of the Epistles.
2. either of these two Epistles in the New Testament, I Peter or II Peter.
1. Peter I ( “the Great” ), 1672–1725, czar of Russia 1682–1725.
2. Peter II, 1923–70, king of Yugoslavia 1934–45.
3. Peter III, 1728–62, czar of Russia 1762 (husband of Catherine II).