skinner(redirected from Skinners)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that flays, dresses, or sells animal skins.
2. A mule driver.
(Tanning) a person who prepares or deals in animal skins
(Biography) B(urrhus) F(rederic). 1904–90, US behavioural psychologist. His "laws of learning", derived from experiments with animals, have been widely applied to education and behaviour therapy
1. one that skins.
2. a person who prepares or deals in skins or hides.
3. a person who drives draft animals, as mules.
1. B(urrhus) F(rederic), 1904–90, U.S. psychologist.
2. Cornelia Otis, 1901–79, U.S. actress.
3. her father, Otis, 1858–1942, U.S. actor.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Skinner - United States actor (1858-1942)|
|2.||Skinner - United States actress noted for her one-woman shows (1901-1979)|
|3.||Skinner - United States psychologist and a leading proponent of behaviorism (1904-1990)|
|4.||skinner - a person who prepares or deals in animal skins|
|5.||skinner - a worker who drives mules|