skywriting(redirected from Skywrites)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. The process of writing in the sky by releasing a visible vapor from an airplane.
2. The letters or words so formed.
1. (Aeronautics) the forming of words in the sky by the release of smoke or vapour from an aircraft
2. (Aeronautics) the words so formed
1. the act or technique of writing against the sky with artificial smoke released from a maneuvering airplane.
2. the words, letters, designs, etc., so traced.
sky′write`, v.i., v.t. -wrote, -writ•ten, -writ•ing.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||skywriting - writing formed in the sky by smoke released from an airplane|
writing - letters or symbols that are written or imprinted on a surface to represent the sounds or words of a language; "he turned the paper over so the writing wouldn't show"; "the doctor's writing was illegible"