Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Slovak: Slovak language, Slovak people
Slo·vak(slō′väk′, -văk′) also Slo·va·ki·an (slō-vä′kē-ən, -văk′ē-ən)
a. A native or inhabitant of Slovakia.
b. A person of Slovak ancestry.
2. The Slavic language of the Slovaks.
Of or relating to Slovakia or its people, language, or culture.
1. (Placename) of, relating to, or characteristic of Slovakia, its people, or their language
2. (Peoples) of, relating to, or characteristic of Slovakia, its people, or their language
3. (Languages) of, relating to, or characteristic of Slovakia, its people, or their language
4. (Languages) the official language of Slovakia, belonging to the West Slavonic branch of the Indo-European family. Slovak is closely related to Czech, they are mutually intelligible
5. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Slovakia
Slo•vak(ˈsloʊ vɑk, -væk)
1. a member of the Slavic people who are the principal inhabitants of Slovakia.
2. the West Slavic language of the Slovaks.
[1820–30; < Slovak slovák, ultimately derivative of Common Slavic *slověninŭ Slav]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Slovak - a native or inhabitant of Slovakia|
Slovak Republic, Slovakia - a landlocked republic in central Europe; separated from the Czech Republic in 1993
European - a native or inhabitant of Europe
|2.||Slovak - the Slavic language spoken in Slovakia|
người Slovakiathuộc nước/người/tiếng Slovakiatiếng Slovakia
1. adj → slovacco/a
2. n (person) → slovacco/a; (language) → slovacco