Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to slush fund: surreptitiously, hedge fund
1. A fund raised for undesignated purposes, especially:
a. A fund raised by a group for corrupt practices, such as bribery or graft.
b. A fund used by a group, as for entertainment.
2. Money formerly raised by the sale of garbage from a warship to buy small items of luxury for the crew.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a fund for financing political or commercial corruption
2. (Nautical Terms) nautical US a fund accumulated from the sale of slush from the galley
1. a sum of money used for illicit political purposes, as for buying influence.
2. a fund for a ship's crew, formerly raised from the sale of galley waste, for the purchase of small luxuries.