Soho(redirected from Small office/home office)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A district of central London, England. Inhabited in the 1600s mainly by immigrants, it is known today for its restaurants, theaters, and nightclubs.
2. also So·Ho A district of New York City on southwest Manhattan Island noted for its galleries, restaurants, and artists' lofts. The area is south of Houston Street, hence the name.
1. (Hunting) hunting an exclamation announcing the sighting of a hare
2. an exclamation announcing the discovery of something unexpected
[an Anglo-French hunting call, probably of exclamatory origin]
(Placename) a district of central London, in the City of Westminster: a foreign quarter since the late 17th century, now chiefly known for restaurants, nightclubs, striptease clubs, etc
So•ho(ˈsoʊ hoʊ, soʊˈhoʊ)
1. a district in central London, England.
or So•ho(ˈsoʊ hoʊ)
a district on the lower W side of Manhattan: art galleries and studios.
[So(uth of) Ho(uston Street)]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||SoHo - a district in southwestern Manhattan noted for its shops and restaurants and galleries and artist's lofts|
Manhattan - one of the five boroughs of New York City
|2.||Soho - a city district of central London now noted for restaurants and nightclubs|