Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. Somali or So·ma·lis
1. A native or inhabitant of Somalia.
2. A member of a traditionally Muslim people of Somalia and adjacent parts of Ethiopia, Kenya, Eritrea, and Djibouti.
3. The Cushitic language of the Somali and an official language of Somalia.
npl -lis or -li
1. (Peoples) a member of a tall dark-skinned people inhabiting Somalia
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Cushitic subfamily of the Afro-Asiatic family of languages
3. (Placename) of, relating to, or characteristic of Somalia, the Somalis, or their language
4. (Peoples) of, relating to, or characteristic of Somalia, the Somalis, or their language
5. (Languages) of, relating to, or characteristic of Somalia, the Somalis, or their language
So•ma•li(soʊˈmɑ li, sə-)
n., pl. -lis, (esp. collectively) -li.
1. a member of a traditionally pastoral people of Somalia, Djibouti, E Ethiopia, and NW Kenya.
2. the Cushitic language of the Somali.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Somali - a member of a tall dark (mostly Muslim) people inhabiting Somalia|
Somalia - a republic in extreme eastern Africa on the Somali peninsula; subject to tribal warfare
African - a native or inhabitant of Africa
|2.||Somali - the Cushitic language spoken by the Somali|
Cushitic - a group of languages spoken in Ethiopia and Somalia and northwestern Kenya and adjacent regions
|Adj.||1.||Somali - of or relating to the African republic of Somalia or its people or their language and culture; "Somali coffee is excellent"|
người Somalithuộc nước/người/tiếng Somalitiếng Somali