Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Spanish American: Mexican American
Spanish Americanalso Span·ish-A·mer·i·can (spăn′ĭsh-ə-mĕr′ĭ-kən)
1. A native or inhabitant of Spanish America.
2. A US citizen or resident of Hispanic ancestry. See Usage Note at Hispanic.
1. Of or relating to Spanish America or its peoples or cultures.
2. Of or relating to Spain and America, especially the United States.
1. a citizen or resident of the U.S. of Spanish birth or descent.
2. a descendant of the Spanish-speaking population in parts of Mexico annexed by the U.S. as a result of the Texas revolt and the Mexican War.
3. a native or inhabitant of Spanish America.
1. of or pertaining to Spanish America or its inhabitants.
2. belonging to, pertaining to, or involving both Spain and the U.S., or the people of the two countries.
3. of or pertaining to Spanish Americans.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Spanish American - an American whose first language is Spanish|
American - a native or inhabitant of the United States
criollo - a Spanish American of pure European stock (usually Spanish); "Mexico is a country of mestizos, criollos, and indigenes"
A. ADJ → hispanoamericano
B. N → hispanoamericano/a m/f