start-up(redirected from Start-Up 2000)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
start·upor start-up (stärt′ŭp′)
1. The act or process of setting into operation or motion.
2. A business or undertaking that has recently begun operation: grew from a tiny startup to a large corporation.
1. the act or fact of starting something; a setting in motion.
2. a new business or other enterprise that is being established.adj.
3. of or pertaining to the beginning of a new project or venture, esp. to the investment made for it.