stinger(redirected from Stinger (organ))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. One that stings, especially an insult that stings or wounds emotionally.
2. A stinging organ or part.
3. A sharp blow.
4. See burner.
5. Slang One who participates in or organizes the operation of a sting.
6. A cocktail of crème de menthe and brandy.
1. a person, plant, animal, etc, that stings or hurts
2. (Zoology) Austral any marine creature that stings its victims, esp the box jellyfish
3. (Brewing) Also: stengah a whisky and soda with crushed ice
(Fortifications) trademark a device, consisting of a long track of raised spikes, laid across a road by police to puncture the tyres of escaping vehicles
1. one that stings.
2. the sting or stinging organ of an insect or other animal.
3. a cocktail of brandy and crème de menthe.
A sharp stinging organ, such as that of a bee, scorpion, or stingray. Stingers usually inject venom.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stinger - a cocktail made of made of creme de menthe and brandy|
brandy - distilled from wine or fermented fruit juice
creme de menthe - sweet green or white mint-flavored liqueur
cocktail - a short mixed drink
|2.||stinger - a remark capable of wounding mentally; "the unkindest cut of all"|
|3.||Stinger - a portable low altitude surface-to-air missile system using infrared guidance and an impact fuse; fired from the shoulder|
heat-seeking missile - a missile with a guidance system that directs it toward targets emitting infrared radiation (as the emissions of a jet engine)
|4.||stinger - a sharp organ of offense or defense (as of a wasp or stingray or scorpion) often connected with a poison gland|
aculeus - a sharp-pointed process especially a sting of a hymenopterous insect
organ - a fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function
|5.||stinger - a sharp stinging blow|
blow - a powerful stroke with the fist or a weapon; "a blow on the head"