Stubble goose

(Zool.) the graylag goose.

See also: Stubble

Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
In the same line, Timperley's The Printers' Manual of 1838, cited in the OED, notes that "the old English word for stubble is Ways and a Stubble Goose is a Ways-goose; .
A stubble goose was traditionally presented by tenants to their landlords on Michaelmas, or St.
For a recipe from 1683 for a sauce to cover a stubble goose, try this link: http://www.