Lallans(redirected from Synthetic Scots)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Lal·lan(lăl′ən) also Lal·lans (-ənz)
1. The Lowlands of Scotland.
2. Scots as spoken in southern and eastern Scotland.
[Scots, alteration of lowland.]
1. (Languages) a literary version of the variety of English spoken and written in the Lowlands of Scotland
2. (Placename) (modifier) of or relating to the Lowlands of Scotland or their dialects
3. (Languages) (modifier) of or relating to the Lowlands of Scotland or their dialects
[Scottish variant of Lowlands]
1. the Lowlands of Scotland.
2. (used with a sing. v.)
b. a form of literary Scots used in the 20th century.