soundtrack(redirected from Television soundtracks)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to Television soundtracks: sound track
sound·trackalso sound track (sound′trăk′)
1. The audio portion of a film or video recording.
a. The music that accompanies a movie.
b. A commercial recording of such music.
1. (Film) the recorded sound accompaniment to a film. Compare commentary2
2. (Film) a narrow strip along the side of a spool of film, which carries the sound accompaniment
(Music, other) (tr) to provide with a continuous accompaniment of sounds, esp music
or sound′ track`,
1. the narrow band on one or both sides of a strip of motion-picture film on which sound is recorded.
2. the sound recorded on a film, esp. music or dialogue.
3. a recording or tape of a stage musical.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||soundtrack - sound recording on a narrow strip of a motion picture film|
dubbing - a new soundtrack that is added to a film
laugh track - prerecorded laughter added to the soundtrack of a radio or television show
sound film - motion-picture film with sound effects and dialogue recorded on it