territoriality(redirected from Territory (animal))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. ter·ri·to·ri·al·i·ties
1. The status of a territory.
2. A behavior pattern in animals consisting of the occupation and defense of a territory.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the state or rank of being a territory
2. (Zoology) the behaviour shown by an animal when establishing and defending its territory
ter•ri•to•ri•al•i•ty(ˌtɛr ɪˌtɔr iˈæl ɪ ti, -ˌtoʊr-)
1. territorial quality, condition, or status.
2. the behavior of an animal in defining and defending its territory.
3. attachment to or protection of a territory or domain.