night watch(redirected from The Nightwatch)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to The Nightwatch: Rijksmuseum
1. A watch or guard kept during the night.
2. The person or persons on such a watch.
1. a watch or guard kept at night, esp for security
2. the period of time the watch is kept
3. a person who keeps such a watch; night watchman
1. a watch or guard kept during the night.
2. a person or the persons keeping such a watch.
3. Usu., night watches. the periods into which the night was divided in ancient times.
n. guardia nocturna.