thiazole(redirected from Thiazolium salt)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
Related to Thiazolium salt: furfural
1. A colorless or pale yellow aromatic liquid, C3H3NS, containing a ring composed of a nitrogen atom, a sulfur atom, and three carbon atoms, used in making dyes and fungicides.
2. Any of various derivatives of this compound.
1. (Chemistry) a colourless liquid with a pungent smell that contains a ring system composed of three carbon atoms, a sulphur atom, and a nitrogen atom. It is used in dyes and fungicides. Formula: C3H3NS
2. (Elements & Compounds) any of a group of compounds derived from this substance that are used in dyes
1. a colorless, slightly water-miscible liquid, C3H3NS.
2. any of various derivatives of this substance, used as dyes or reagents.