tie-in(redirected from Tie-in novel)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. A connection or association: the tie-in between economic hardship and civil strife.
a. A media product, such as a book, video game, or movie, that makes use of material presented in another, usually more well-known media product: a video game that was a tie-in to a popular movie.
b. An advertisement or promotional action connecting one brand or product with another or with a popular event.
1. designating a sale in which the buyer, in order to get the item desired, must also purchase one or more other items.
2. pertaining to two or more products advertised or sold together.n.
3. a marketing strategy or campaign in which related products are promoted or sold together: a book and movie tie-in.
4. an item in a tie-in sale or advertisement.
5. any direct or indirect link or relationship.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tie-in - a fastener that serves to join or connect; "the walls are held together with metal links placed in the wet mortar during construction"|
tie-in[ˈtaɪɪn] N (= link) → vinculación f, relación f
police are looking for a tie-in to connect the two cases → la policía busca una vinculación or relación entre ambos casos
guides on cooking and gardening with a TV tie-in → libros de cocina y jardinería relacionados or vinculados con un programa de TV