Tlingit(redirected from Tingit)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to Tingit: Tsimshian
Tlin·git(tlĭng′gĭt, -kĭt, klĭng′kĭt)
n. pl. Tlingit or Tlin·gits
1. A member of a Native American people inhabiting the coastal and island areas of southeast Alaska.
2. The language of the Tlingit.
npl -gits or -git
1. (Peoples) a member of a seafaring group of North American Indian peoples inhabiting S Alaska and N British Columbia
2. (Languages) the language of these peoples, belonging to the Na-Dene phylum
n., pl. -gits, (esp. collectively) -git.
1. a member of an American Indian people of the Alaskan panhandle and adjacent areas of Canada.
2. the language of the Tlingit.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Tlingit - a member of a seafaring group of North American Indians living in southern Alaska|
|2.||Tlingit - the Na-Dene language spoken by the Tlingit|
Na-Dene - a family of North American Indian languages