transsexual(redirected from Transexualism)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to Transexualism: transvestism
1. Identifying as or having undergone medical treatment to become a member of the opposite sex.
2. Of or relating to transsexual people.
One who is transsexual.
1. (Psychiatry) a person who permanently acts the part of and completely identifies with the opposite sex
2. (Surgery) a person who has undergone medical and surgical procedures to alter external sexual characteristics to those of the opposite sex
trans•sex•u•al(trænsˈsɛk ʃu əl)
1. a person who strongly desires to assume the physical characteristics and gender role of the opposite sex.
2. a person who has undergone surgical and hormonal treatment for this purpose.adj.
3. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of transsexuals.
trans•sex′u•al•ism, trans•sex`u•al′i•ty, n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||transsexual - a person who has undergone a sex change operation|
|2.||transsexual - a person whose sexual identification is entirely with the opposite sex|
|Adj.||1.||transsexual - overwhelmingly desirous of being, or completely identifying with, the opposite sex|
homosexual - sexually attracted to members of your own sex
n → Transsexuelle(r) mf
transsexual[trænzˈsɛksjʊəl] n & adj → transessuale (m/f) inv
1. persona que tiene una urgencia psicológica de pertenecer al sexo opuesto;
2. persona que ha cambiado de sexo sometiéndose a una operación quirúgica.