Trencher cap

Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
the cap worn by studens at Oxford and Cambridge Universities, having a stiff, flat, square appendage at top. A similar cap used in the United States is called Oxford cap, mortar board, etc.

See also: Trencher

Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Total quantity or scope: Hire of academic gowns, trencher caps, John Knox hats and hoods in appropriate University of Aberdeen colours to graduating students and other academic dress for staff and honorary graduands.