Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. Of or relating to the Christian Trinity.
b. Believing or professing belief in the Christian Trinity or the doctrine of the Trinity.
2. trinitarian Having three members, parts, or facets.
1. One who believes in the Christian doctrine of the Trinity.
2. A member of a Roman Catholic religious order founded in 1198 and now devoted to teaching, nursing, and pastoral work.
1. (Theology) a person who believes in the doctrine of the Trinity
2. (Theology) a member of the Holy Trinity. See Trinity3
3. (Theology) of or relating to the doctrine of the Trinity or those who uphold it
4. (Theology) of or relating to the Holy Trinity
Trin•i•tar•i•an(ˌtrɪn ɪˈtɛər i ən)
1. believing in the doctrine of the Trinity.
2. of or pertaining to the Trinity or Trinitarians.n.
3. a person who believes in the doctrine of the Trinity.
[1555–65; < New Latin trīnitāri(us) of the Trinity + -an1]
a member of the monastic order founded in the late 12th century to redeem captive Christians from the Moors, or Muslims. Also called Redemptionist.See also: Monks and Nuns