verdant(redirected from Verdants)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. Green with vegetation; covered with green growth.
2. Green in hue.
3. Lacking experience or sophistication; naive.
[French verdoyant, from Old French, present participle of verdoyer, to become green, from Vulgar Latin *viridiāre, from Latin viridis.]
1. covered with green vegetation
2. (of plants, etc) green in colour
3. immature or unsophisticated; green
[C16: from Old French verdoyant, from verdoyer to become green, from Old French verd green, from Latin viridis, from virēre to be green]
1. green with vegetation; covered with growing plants or grass.
2. of the color green.
3. inexperienced; unsophisticated.