hallow(redirected from Weoh)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
tr.v. hal·lowed, hal·low·ing, hal·lows
1. To make or set apart as holy.
2. To respect or honor greatly; revere.
1. A holy person or saint.
2. A sacred or magical object.
1. (Ecclesiastical Terms) to consecrate or set apart as being holy
2. (Ecclesiastical Terms) to venerate as being holy
[Old English hālgian, from hālig holy]
v.t. -lowed, -low•ing.
1. to make holy; sanctify; consecrate: to hallow the name of the Lord.
2. to honor as holy; consider sacred; venerate: to hallow a battlefield.
[before 900; Middle English hal(o)wen, Old English hālgian derivative of hālig holy]
Past participle: hallowed
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||hallow - render holy by means of religious rites|
reconsecrate - consecrate anew, as after a desecration
declare - state emphatically and authoritatively; "He declared that he needed more money to carry out the task he was charged with"