wired(redirected from Wire (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Equipped with a system of wires, as for electric, telephone, cable television, or computer network connections.
2. Equipped with hidden electronic eavesdropping devices: a wired hotel room.
a. Reinforced or supported by wires.
b. Tied or bound up with wire: wired bundles of newspaper.
4. Genetically determined; hardwired.
5. Slang Very stimulated or excited, as from a stimulant or a rush of adrenaline.
1. (Recreational Drugs) edgy from stimulant intake
2. edgy from stimulant intake
3. excited, nervous, or tense
4. (Telecommunications) using computers to send and receive information, esp via the internet
1. equipped with wires, as for electricity or telephone service.
2. tied or secured with wires.
3. strengthened or supported with wires.
4. Slang. tense with excitement or anticipation.
5. equipped so as to receive cable television.
6. connected electronically to one or more computer networks.
7. Slang. intoxicated from drugs; high.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||wired - equipped with wire or wires especially for electric or telephone service; "a well-wired house"|
wireless - having no wires; "a wireless security system"
|2.||wired - tense with excitement and enthusiasm as from a rush of adrenaline; "we were really pumped up for the race"; "he was so pumped he couldn't sleep"|
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
tense - in or of a state of physical or nervous tension
|3.||wired - tied or bound with wire; "wired bundles of newspapers"|
bound - confined by bonds; "bound and gagged hostages"