blazing star(redirected from You fail it)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
1. Any of various North American plants of the genus Liatris in the composite family, having small discoid flower heads grouped in a dense raceme or panicle. Also called gayfeather.
2. A rhizomatous dioecious herb (Chamaelirium luteum) having long racemes of small white flowers. Also called devil's bit, fairywand.
3. A biennial plant (Mentzelia laevicaulis) of western North America, having large, star-shaped, pale-yellow flowers.
1. (Plants) a North American liliaceous plant, Chamaelirium luteum, with a long spike of small white flowers
2. (Plants) any plant of the North American genus Liatris, having clusters of small red or purple flowers: family Asteraceae (composites)
a plant with showy flower clusters.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||blazing star - biennial of southwestern United States having white stems and toothed leaves that is grown for its large pale yellow flowers that open in early morning|
flower - a plant cultivated for its blooms or blossoms
|2.||blazing star - any of various North American plants of the genus Liatris having racemes or panicles of small discoid flower heads|
genus Liatris, Liatris - genus of perennial North American herbs with aromatic usually cormous roots
dotted gayfeather, Liatris punctata - herb with many stems bearing narrow slender wands of crowded rose-lavender flowers; central United States and Canada to Texas and northern Mexico