Zug(redirected from Zug (Stadt))
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
nFrench name: Zoug
1. (Placename) a canton of N central Switzerland: the smallest Swiss canton; mainly German-speaking and Roman Catholic; joined the Swiss Confederation in 1352. Capital: Zug. Pop: 102 200 (2002 est). Area: 239 sq km (92 sq miles)
2. (Placename) a town in N central Switzerland, the capital of Zug canton, on Lake Zug. Pop: 22 973 (2000)
3. (Placename) Lake Zug a lake in N central Switzerland, in Zug and Schwyz cantons. Area: 39 sq km (15 sq miles)
1. a canton in N central Switzerland. 92,392. 92 sq. mi. (238 sq. km).
2. the capital of this canton, on the Lake of Zug. 22,200.
3. Lake of, a lake in N central Switzerland. 15 sq. mi. (39 sq. km).