deuk- / Indo-European roots
Examples of words with the root deuk-: abduct, adduce, circumduction, conduce, deduce, doge, douche, duct, ductile, duke, educate, educe, induce, introduce, obduction, produce, reduce, seduce, seduction, subduction, subdue, team, teem, tie, tow, traduce, transducer, tug, wanton, zugzwang.
▲ Derivatives include wanton, team, duke, subdue, educate.
a. tug; wanton from Old English tēon, to pull, draw, lead;
b. Zugunruhe, zugzwang from Old High German ziohan, to pull. Both a and b from Germanic *teuhan.
2. Suffixed zero-grade form *duk-ā-. tow1, taut from Old English togian, to draw, drag, from Germanic *tugōn.
3. Suffixed o-grade form *douk-eyo-. tie from Old English *tīegan, tīgan, to bind.
4. Suffixed o-grade form *douk-mo-. team from Old English tēam, descendant, family, race, brood, team, from Germanic *tau(h)maz.
5. teem1 from Old English tēman, tīeman, to beget, from Germanic denominative *tau(h)mjan.
6. Basic form *deuk-. doge, douche, ducal, ducat, duce, duchess, duchy, duct, ductile, duke; abducens, abduct, adduce, aqueduct, circumduction, con3, condottiere, conduce, conduct, deduce, deduct, educe, endue, induce, introduce, produce, redoubt, reduce, seduction, subduction, subdue, traduce, transducer from Latin dūcere, to lead.
7. Suffixed zero-grade form *duk-ā-. educate from Latin ēducāre, to lead out, bring up (ē-, < ex-, out; see eghs)
[Pokorny deuk- 220.]